xHaving trouble with something? Look through these links, or use the search field, to find a possible resolution.
Problem: Can't save my table.
Resolution: There is a chance the syntax for your Server name isn't correct. You'll need to provide the SERVER NAME\INSTANCE NAME. The easiest way to find that information is to open a CMD prompt on your DB server and run SQLCMD -L. This will list the name you should use.
Problem: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct...
Resolution: This is one of those errors that tells you exactly what to do. 'Verify that the instance name is correct'. In case you're unsure on the instance name syntax. See the image below for clarification.
Problem: String or binary data would be truncated
Resolution: This error simply means that you're attempting to insert data into a table that is too long for what the data type/length of the column the data is going into. Review the data types of your table and adjust your input so you are not exceeding the maximum length of the column. The highlighted numbers in this screenshot represent the maximum length of the data that column can accept
VPN NOT WORKING
1. Close the Cisco AnyConnect Window and the taskbar mini-icon
2. Right click vpnui.exe in the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” folder. (I have it in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\”
3. Choose Troubleshoot compatibility.
4. Choose “Try recommended settings”.
5. The wizard suggests Windows 8 compatibility.
6. Click “Test Program”. This will open the program.
7. Test Cisco VPN client again