Enable error messaging
Errors are an unavoidable part of programming. If you're programming in ASP.NET, You will eventually see an error message that looks like this:
An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely...
This message is unhelpful. To make it more helpful follow these steps.
- Open your web.config file from the solution explorer
- Find the <system.web> tag, and put a blank space underneath
- Paste this line <customErrors mode="Off"/>
- Save, Publish if you’re on a desktop, and visit your page in a browser again.
- You should get a more meaningful error now